Food & Beverage Sampling
If your core offering is Food & Beverage, we absolutely recommend sampling your products for attendees.
There are some forms you must complete which are:
- COMPULSORY: City of Sydney Council Temporary Food Stall Application (only takes 5 minutes max. to complete)
- COMPULSORY: ICC Sydney Food Sampling Permit Form (Only takes 2 minutes to complete)
- IF COOKING AT YOUR STAND: ICC Sydney Cooking at stand Permit Form (Only takes 2 minutes to complete)
- IF COOKING WITH GAS: ICC Sydney Hazardous Substances Permit Form (Only takes 2 minutes to complete)
- IF COOKING WITH NAKED FLAMES: ICC Sydney Nake Flames Permit Form (Only takes 2 minutes to complete)
Please complete these forms under the Stand Activity Form on the Compulsory Forms tab.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Do I need to complete any forms if I'm just handing out pre-wrapped lollies or mints etc, that are not part of my core business?
A. No, you do not need to complete a sampling form for small giveaways on your stand. You do, however, if you plan on providing full-size products such as branded cupcakes or full-size drinks. This is viewed by the venue as a competing product. Please discuss any items such as these with the venue directly.
Q. Is there any cost for sampling food or drink?
A. The City of Sydney Council will not charge you for completing the Temporary Food Stall Application Form. In the very unlikely event that they visit the show and inspect your stand, they may charge $150 for low-risk food or $210 for high-risk foods (e.g. meat) as a 1 off yearly inspection fee.
In the majority of cases, the ICC Sydney won't charge you for sampling. However, any sampling items that do not comply with the sample size requirements, will incur a fee and will require pre-approvals/permissions by ICC Sydney. I.e. If you are handing out products that are larger than standard sample size and they sell the same products in their kiosks e.g. full-size chocolate bars, full-size sandwiches or coffee.
Q. Do you provide any refrigerated Storage for our sample products?
A. No, there is no refrigerated storage onsite. If you require this, you will need to arrange your own refrigeration pre-show and during the show.
Q. Can I sell food or beverages at the show?
A. No, as this is a trade show, you may only sample food and beverages at the show.