Having a stand at Fitness + Wellness Australia is a great start for winning new business, but there's more you can do to improve your results.
Here are some more suggestions and helpful resources for your event marketing to help you bring more of the right buyers to your stand!
Where will my Company Listing be located?
- Your company listing will be featured on the Fitness + Wellness Australia website and in the official event magazine.
- The magazine is distributed at the event and the e-version will be hosted on the Fitness + Wellness Australia website throughout the year
How to Submit your company listing
- Click on the Forms to Action tab, open the Company Listings form and complete all details as listed.
- If you've booked magazine advertising, please refer to your Forms to Action for artwork specifications. If an Advertising Submission Form appears in your Forms to Action, you have an advertisement included with your stand package. If an Advertising Submission Form does not appear in your Forms to Action, then you presently have no advertising presence beyond your listing. If you'd like to have an advertisement included, please contact your sales representative or call us on 07 5510 5100.
- Feathr is a powerful way to leverage your existing and prospective customer lists to ensure you're making the most of your time at Fitness + Wellness Australia. You'll receive a unique promo code and the tools to easily share it with your customers via a custom landing page, emails, graphics, social media content, and more featuring your company logo and stand number. The best part is that it only takes 1-2 minutes to participate and you don't need to share your sensitive customer email lists to do so.
- These tools will be sent to you directly via the exhibitor newsletters and other emails from the marketing team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Getting Started – You can complete these tasks now!
- Complete your online listing ASAP – this will be featured on the website and in the event magazine. The sooner you do this, the more exposure you’ll have to our attendees.
- Add Fitness + Wellness Australia to your company and staff email signatures
- Let Fitness + Wellness Australia know of any exciting new products you will be bringing to the event using the FORMS TO ACTION tab.
- Follow us on social media and post on our page (AND YOURS!) telling people that you are exhibiting:
- Be sure to tag Fitness + Wellness Australia in your posts!
Pre-Show – Ideally, you’ll complete these tasks at least once within 12 weeks of the show!
- Create a social media schedule with multiple posts across all of your social media channels promoting your presence at Fitness + Wellness Australia. Use your custom landing page link and graphics from Feathr and remember to tag Fitness+Wellness Australia in your posts! (There are more social media tips and sample posts below – keep reading!)
- Use the Feathr email templates to invite your existing and prospective customers to visit you at the show! If you have your own email deployment system, you can download the email and send it through your own provider or you can upload your list into Feathr and deploy from there. *Fitness + Wellness Australia will never receive any customer data should you choose to upload it!*
- Add your custom banner from Feathr to your company website with information about your presence at Fitness + Wellness Australia.
- Write a press release announcing your presence at Fitness+Wellness Australia and any exciting products you’ll be launching or showcasing at the event. Post it on your website or blog and social media channels and send it to industry publications to boost awareness!
- By now, your top prospects should be aware that you’ll be at Fitness + Wellness Australia but consider a personal call the week before the show to ensure they’re aware of the event and are planning to come to see you!
- Pre-schedule some content across your social media platforms and plan to post some “live” content from the show floor. Show off your stand and products, take some stand staff and/or customer selfies, take a dance break with our DJ – and don’t forget to tag us in your posts!
- If possible, send out another email to customers letting them know that the event is now on and that they can come to your stand at any time to say hello.
- Always keep track of the customers you spoke to at the event. If you don’t already have a lead scanner included with your stand package, you can still secure one through LUP.
- Send out thank you email, thanking your customers for seeing you at the event, and highlight that they can still purchase and give them a variety of channels (phone, website, in person, etc.).
- Send out a ‘Sorry we missed you’ email to those customers who you didn’t get to see, again highlight that they can still connect with you
- Make sure you follow up on all leads that you got from the event – many buyers will make their purchase decision in the weeks following the event and you want to keep your business at the front of the queue.
Social Media Tips
- Start promoting once you have your stand number! This will help gain excitement about your stand. You don’t need to post heavily too far in advance, but it’s great to show the excitement once your stand has been booked.
- Plan your presence at the event. Discuss with your team who will be working the stand, what their roles are and how they can be involved with social media. Get the team involved!
- Begin to promote heavily 1 month out from the event. This is when you will want to promote what attendees can expect to see at your stand, what you will be giving away, etc.
- Be sure to use the official event hashtag! The official event hashtag is: #fwa22
- Use the built-in scheduler in Facebook or another posting planner like Hootsuite to plan your social media posts before you even leave the office. This will save you time and effort onsite.
- Don’t forget to live post. There is nothing like posting as something is happening!
- Use pictures and video, especially onsite. Show people (with photos and videos) what they are missing while they aren’t at your stand. This is much more powerful than just words!
Sample Social Media Posts
- We’re excited to announce our participation at Fitness + Wellness Australia on 16-17 June 2022, ICC Sydney. Register now!
- Can’t wait to connect with you at Fitness + Wellness Australia! You can find us at stand # .
- It’s always great to put a face to a name, stop by and see us at Fitness + Wellness Australia at stand # on the 16-17 June 2022, ICC Sydney.
- We will be showcasing our new and can’t wait to show you in person at Fitness + Wellness Australia on 16-17 June 2022, ICC Sydney!
- We look forward to attending Fitness + Wellness Australia! Be sure to visit us at stand # to learn more about .
- We’re exhibiting at Fitness + Wellness Australia at stand # on the 16-17 June 2022, ICC Sydney. Will you be there?
- Stop by stand # at Fitness + Wellness Australia to . We look forward to seeing you there!
- Onsite - You will receive a promo code as part of your exhibitor invites through Feathr which will allow FREE registration for trade professionals on event days instead of requiring a fee.
- We’re all set up and ready to go for Fitness + Wellness Australia to begin! We can’t wait to see you on the exhibition floor at ICC Sydney. You can still use our code to register online for FREE instead of paying at the door!
- If you haven’t stopped by our stand (# ) at Fitness + Wellness Australia, you are missing out on ! *Great chance to show a photo/video of your stand/team/giveaway!
- We had a great time at Fitness + Wellness Australia! Thank you to everyone who stopped by our stand.
- We are already looking forward to Fitness + Wellness Australia 2023! Thanks for a great event!
- We had a great time and were so glad to see so many new faces at Fitness + Wellness Australia. Looking forward to 2023!
Time to get the creative juices flowing and design a stand strategy that will engage visitors and generate leads.
- Stand Artwork
- To attract the right people on the day, make sure your stand artwork/signage clearly articulates what your business does.
- You need to be clear on what your exhibiting objectives are, as this will help you determine the content that goes into your signage.
- Your stand signage should showcase and position your brand and/or highlight the key problem/s that your solution/s fix. This could be done in an infographic style, using icons or imagery - or perhaps a few short snappy sentences.
- You want the visitor to be able to identify what it is you offer at a quick glance. Keep your stand simple to avoid being lost in the information overload.
- Activity Budgeting Tips
- When planning your budget, make sure you account for supporting marketing activities, prizes, extra staff and any other event-related expenses.
- You should consider how you are going to best promote your business before, during and after the event to maximise your overall experience and investment.
- Engagement Tips and Icebreaker Tactics:
- Think of ways to get engage visitors with your staff, product, service or social media.
- Connect your activity to your brand, products, or services
- Prizes and giveaways
- On-stand games, contests and incentives
- Photo stand or photo props encourage visitors to upload photos to social media using your hashtag/handle
- Leads, leads, leads!
- Incorporate a lead capturing strategy into your event plan.
- Use digital Lead Scanners to collect leads. View more information.
- Incentivise! Consider running a special offer or prize draw for those who scan their badge on your lead scanner.
- Ensure your sales development teams contact prospects quickly after the event to follow-up. Exhibitors that fail to do this turn their ‘hot’ prospects to cold!