Having a stand at NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair is a great start for winning new business, but there's more you can do to improve your results.
Here are some more suggestions and helpful resources for your event marketing to help you bring more of the right buyers to your stand!
Where your exhibitor listing will be located
- Submit your company profile ASAP as it is featured on the Exhibitors page of the website and in the official event magazine.
- The magazine is distributed at the event and the e-version while be hosted on the NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair website throughout the year
How to Submit your company listing
- Click on the Compulsory Forms tab, open the Company Listings form and complete all details as listed.
- If you've booked magazine advertising, please refer to your Compulsory Forms for artwork specifications. If an Advertising Submission Form does not appear in your Compulsory Forms, you do not have advertising included.
- Feathr is a powerful way to leverage your existing and prospective customer lists to ensure you're making the most of your time at NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair. You'll receive a unique promo code and the tools to easily share it with your customers via a custom landing page, emails, graphics, social media content, and more featuring your company logo and stand number. The best part is that it only takes 1-2 minutes to participate and you don't need to share your sensitive customer email lists to do so.
Pre-Scheduled Meetings is our easy-to-use matchmaking software that helps you identify attendees you’d like to meet.Here’s how it works:
- Register for the event using your own email address and make sure you select YES when asked if you want access to the meetings platform, then select your company’s relevant product/service categories. Once you receive your exclusive email invite, click ‘Get to the list’.
- Once you receive your access email, click Load My List and you'll be presented with a list of registered interested in your products/services. To send a meeting request, simply click 'MEET' - don't forget to add a friendly message! PRO TIP: Research their company, job position and customise your invite to increase your chances of getting a confirmation.
- Meet them at NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair! Meeting times are scheduled in 20-minute time blocks and take place at your stand. We'll automatically send out reminders to ensure you don't forget.
Getting Started – You can complete these tasks now!
- Complete your online listing ASAP – this will be featured on the website and in the event magazine. The sooner you do this, the more exposure you’ll have to our attendees.
- Add the NoVacancy or Hospitality Design Fair email signature banner to your company and staff email footers
- Let NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair know of any exciting new products you will be bringing to the event using the form in XpoBay
- Follow us on social media and post on our page (AND YOURS!) telling people that you are exhibiting at the Expo:
- Be sure to tag NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair in your posts!
Pre-Show – Ideally, you’ll complete these tasks at least once within 12 weeks of the show!
- Create a social media schedule with multiple posts across all of your social media channels promoting your presence at NoVacancy or Hospitality Design Fair. Use your custom landing page link and graphics from Feathr and remember to tag NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair in your posts! (There are more social media tips and sample posts below – keep reading!)
- Use the Feathr email templates to invite your existing and prospective customers to visit you at the show! If you have your own email deployment system, you can download the email and send it through your own provider or you can upload your list into Feathr and deploy from there. *NoVacancy & Hospitality Design Fair will never receive any customer data should you choose to upload it!*
- Add your custom banner from Feathr to your company website with information about your presence at NoVacancy or Hospitality Design Fair.
- Write a press release announcing your presence at NoVacancy or Hospitality Design Fair and any exciting products you’ll be launching or showcasing at the event. Post it on your website or blog and social media channels and send it to industry publications to boost awareness!
- By now, your top prospects should be aware that you’ll be at NoVacancy, but consider a personal call the week before the show to ensure they’re aware of the event and are planning to come see you!
- Pre-schedule some content across your social media platforms and plan to post some “live” content from the show floor. Show off your stand and products, take some stand staff and/or customer selfies, take a dance break with our DJ – and don’t forget to tag us in your posts!
- If possible, send out another email to customers letting them know that the event is now on and that they can come to your stand at any time to say hello.
- Always keep track of the customers you spoke to at the event. If you don’t already have a lead scanner included with your stand package, you can still secure one through LUP.
- Send out thank you email, thanking your customers for seeing you at the event and highlight that they can still purchase and give them a variety of channels (phone, website, in person, etc.).
- Send out a ‘Sorry we missed you’ email to those customers who you didn’t get to see, again highlight that they can still connect with you
- Make sure you follow up on all leads that you got from the event – many buyers will make their purchase decision in the weeks following the event and you want to keep your business at the front of the queue.
Social Media Tips
- Start promoting once you have your stand number! This will help gain excitement about your stand. You don’t need to post heavily too far in advance, but it’s great to show the excitement once your stand has been booked.
- Plan your presence at the event. Discuss with your team who will be working the stand, what their roles are and how they can be involved with social media. Get the team involved!
- Begin to promote heavily 1 month out from the event. This is when you will want to promote what attendees can expect to see at your stand, what you will be giving away, etc.
- Be sure to use the official event hashtag! The official event hashtag is: #NoVacancy2020 #HDF20
- Use the built-in scheduler in Facebook or another posting planner like Hootsuite to plan your social media posts before you even leave the office. This will save you time and effort onsite.
- Don’t forget to live post. There is nothing like posting as something is happening!
- Use pictures and video, especially onsite. Show people (with photos and videos) what they are missing while they aren’t at your stand. This is much more powerful than just words!
Sample Social Media Posts
- We’re excited to announce our participation at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair on 27-28 May at ICC Sydney. Register now to save $50!
- Can’t wait to connect with you at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair! You can find us at stand # .
- It’s always great to put a face to a name, stop by and see us at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair at stand # on the 27-28 May at ICC Sydney!
- We will be showcasing our new and can’t wait to show you in person at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair on 27-28 May at ICC Sydney!
- We look forward to attending NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair! Be sure to visit us at stand # to learn more about .
- We’re exhibiting at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair on 27-28 May at ICC Sydney. Are you going to be there?
- Stop by stand # at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair to . We look forward to seeing you there!
- We’re all set up and ready to go for NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair to begin! We can’t wait to see you on the exhibition floor at ICC Sydney. You can still use our code to register online for FREE instead of paying the $50 fee!
- If you haven’t stopped by our stand (# ) at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair, you are missing out on ! *Great chance to show a photo/video of your stand/team/giveaway!
- We had a great time at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair ! Thank you to everyone who stopped by our stand.
- We are already looking forward to NoVacancy 2021 / Hospitality Design Fair 2021! Thanks for a great event!
- We had a great time and were so glad to see so many new faces at NoVacancy / Hospitality Design Fair. Looking forward to 2021!
Time to get the creative juices flowing and design a stand strategy that will engage visitors and generate leads.
- Stand Artwork
- To attract the right people on the day, make sure your stand artwork/signage clearly articulates what your business does.
- You need to be clear on what your exhibiting objectives are, as this will help you determine the content that goes into your signage.
- Your stand signage should showcase and position your brand and/or highlight the key problem/s that your solution/s fix. This could be done in an infographic style, using icons or imagery - or perhaps a few short snappy sentences.
- You want the visitor to be able to identify what it is you offer at a quick glance. Keep your stand simple to avoid being lost in the information overload.
- Activity Budgeting Tips
- When planning your budget, make sure you account for supporting marketing activities, prizes, extra staff and any other event-related expenses.
- You should consider how you are going to best promote your business before, during and after the event to maximise your overall experience and investment.
- Engagement Tips and Icebreaker Tactics:
- Think of ways to get engage visitors with your staff, product, service or social media.
- Connect your activity to your brand, products, or services
- Prizes and giveaways
- On-stand games, contests and incentives
- Photo stand or photo props encourage visitors to upload photos to social media using your hashtag/handle
- Leads, leads, leads!
- Incorporate a lead capturing strategy into your event plan.
- Use digital Lead Scanners to collect leads. View more information.
- Incentivise! Consider running a special offer or prize draw for those who scan their badge on your lead scanner.
- Ensure your sales development teams contact prospects quickly after the event to follow-up. Exhibitors that fail to do this turn their ‘hot’ prospects to cold!