If you are displaying cold and flu-like symptoms including a fever, cough, sore throat, temperature or even feeling generally unwell, we ask you to please stay at home.
Hygiene and Cleaning
Hand sanitising stations will be placed throughout the exhibition and venue to encourage good hand hygiene practices. We encourage exhibitors to take advantage of lead scanner devices to gather visitors details rather than exchanging of business cards and to avoid physical contact where possible.
In coordination with the venue, additional cleaning measures will be implemented including more frequent cleaning of high-contact areas such as bathrooms, catering areas, lifts and escalators.
For important venue guidelines, regulations and maps, please view the MCEC Exhibitor Services
You may order a number of additional services to enhance your stand appeal. These include:
- Dedicated Internet to your stand (in addition to the free venue wi-fi)
- Plumbed water services
- Stand Catering / Kiosk Account Card (e.g. coffee machine, food station or venue food account card)
- MCEC car park: Entry: via Normanby Road. Max. vehicle height 2.1m. There is no discount for parking at this venue.
- South Wharf Retail car park: Entry: via Convention Centre. Max. vehicle height 2.1m. There is no discount for parking at this venue.
- Freeway car park (open air parking for oversize vehicles): Entry: via Munro Street or Normanby Road. No vehicle height restrictions. There is no discount for parking at this venue.
- A full range of food and beverages will be available for purchase from the exhibition cafe between 10am - 5pm on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 and 10am - 4pm on Saturday 17 June only (not on bump in days).
- If you have specific catering requirements or wish to book ahead please contact the venue.
- If you require ice on your stand, please contact the venue providing 14 days notice prior to the show.
- Children under the age of 16 years, (including babies and toddlers) are NOT permitted in the venue during bump in and bump out, nor may they be left in vehicles on the loading dock during bump in and bump out as the venue is a potentially dangerous environment for children.
- Please note that at the close of the show, ALL children MUST be removed from the venue before bump out can commence. Please make any necessary arrangements for your children in advance as this regulation cannot be waived.
- Please note no pets are permitted within the MCEC at any time, working dogs are the exception. If you have an animal for promotional purposes you must complete a permit form for approval at least 14 days prior to the exhibition taking place. The permit form can be found under Forms to Action.
- As this is a business event, we strongly discourage children under 16 years from attending on show open days. Please make any necessary arrangements for your children prior to the show.
- The aisles and your stand will be vacuumed pre-show. After this time, the aisles will be cleaned each night only.
- Although the utmost care will be taken with security arrangements, MCEC venue management and the organisers accept no responsibility for loss or damage to exhibitor's equipment or property whilst it is on site at . This includes during bump in, show days and bump out.
- Exhibitors should ensure they are adequately covered by insurance for loss, damage and theft. This is not covered under a public liability policy.
- Ensure you remove any valuables with you at the end of each day.
- All incidents and accidents must be reported immediately to the organisers or security staff.
- All security staff members are qualified first aiders.
- All exhibitors are required to comply with the relevant regulations and legislation as outlined in the MCEC Safety Guidelines, as required under the Work, Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or within 10 metres of any entry/exit door.
- The possession or consumption of alcohol or drugs of addiction is strictly prohibited by on-duty, event-related personnel. Persons found under the influence of alcohol or drugs of addiction will not be permitted to commence or continue work under any circumstance.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed at any time during bump in and bump out.
- The Organisers Office is 4.1, located at the front of Bay 14 - entry from inside the halls.
- It is a requirement that all electrical equipment on your stand is professionally tested and tagged to ensure it is safe. This includes all laptops, mobile phone chargers and anything else that plugs into an electrical power point.
- Ensure you have a registered electrician test and tag your electrical equipment prior to the expo. There will, however, be an electrician onsite providing this service as a backup.
- If you have any queries about electrical points or power board usage, please contact Harry the Hirer directly.